Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Brotherly love

A big thank you to all of you that have taken the time to call me, see me, come up to me, email me to send your sincere concern and well wishes to my brother Jan. I have had wishes from Barley Mill Oldtimers hockey team members, the Vees, Peach City Runners, friends from near and far, my work family at Structurlam, and many people that have only found out through friends of friends and have taken time out of their day to speak to me about Jan. He certainly feels every prayer and every positive piece of energy that you have all sent (and continue to send) to him.
Yesterday I had the pleasure to hold my brothers hands, speak to him, have him hear me, respond to my voice, and most of all, look into his big blue eyes and tell him how much I love him and how proud I am of him. All I could see was how much he felt the same about me even though he couldn't speak to me (yet) in his eyes. Even through all of this, he still has more concern for those around him than for himself. He is so looking forward to everyone of you visitng him once he is out of ICU.
To my family, I love each of you so much and I thank you for all your hugs and love you give to me. My boys are looking forward to seeing Uncle Jan soon and they send their love to Jan, Kim, Amanda and Ashley. A special thank you goes to Tracey for her kindness, care, shoulder, smile, encouragement, hugs, and love she has shared with me this past week. You are truly an amazing lady.
As my brother continues to heal, I will keep you all informed as best I can to his progress. I apologize in advance if I miss calling someone along the way.
Through all of this I have no doubt that each of us has been changed deeply. I hope that each of us can hold the ones we love and cherish a little longer, share one extra hug, a laugh, or just some one on one time doing something together that you enjoy and is special to you.

Take care of each other.
Michael, Riley and Travis Kascak.


3 Responses:

Anonymous said...

This is a note from one of your extended family members out here in sunny Alberta. Our whole community of Sedgewick has been praying for Jan and family. It does my heart good to hear that God has been doing what He does best and that is miracles. Miracle after miracle and now God starts His work of restoration. May all your hearts be at peace, as God does this work, because there will be many hurts on the inside that God will have to work on. Your love and prayers are the healing balm that will continue Jan's recovery. We will join with you and my sister Bon who believes in the healing work of God will be joining us in believing that God is not done with Jan yet.

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Our love and prayers to you all,
Kim, Laurie, Austin, Meagan & Noah

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim & Family,
It's hard to be so far away and realize what's happening back home. We love you all and please know that our hearts are with you. Let Jan know that we pray for his recovery in every possible way. I'm sorry I can't write more as we have others waiting to use this internet connection. Love to you all...Denise & Barry Many hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan and family;

Doug told me of your accident the night it happened and we phoned your need out over our church's prayer chain.

It is so good to hear such a positive report. There is life! There is healing! There is salvation! There is much hope and so much to be grateful for even in middle of the mess.

We continue to remember you too God and I have a request as well.

Our pastor, Dave, is away from us in Sask. He is battling cancer (inoperable, untreatable of the gall bladder.) We would ask that he and his wife, Val are able to return home soon and that God will be merciful and restore him completely.

Thanks for joining us in this urgent plea.
Merritt is praying for you all,
Anita Wess