Monday, May 19, 2008

Thank You!

hello everyone,
 
thank you so much for all of your messages to my dad and the rest of our family! I have now read all of them to Dad and I can't begin to tell you how touched he is, and how many smiles your messages have put on his face!  
 
I'll have to tell you again that my dad continues to surprise and impress me everyday! A few days ago I walked into is room to hear a very soft, yet unfamiliar voice ask me "hey hows it going Ashley?". I had to think about it for a minute to realize that it was my  own father speaking to me for the first time in about 2 weeks! His trach is now capped and I have the pleasure of speaking with my dad every day and I love it! The doctors are expecting to take the tracheotomy out by the end of the week. Dad is now able to slowly boost himself up to sit in a chair or walk around for short periods at a time.  It's funny to think about how amazed I am by some of the simplest tasks that I definitely have taken for granted. It really makes one think (I'll leave it at that!).  This past week, my dad's lung infection has finally started to subside. He is able to cough up the stuff in his lungs easier through his mouth. His throat is now bothering him, but the doctor does not seem to be overly concerned so I hope it is nothing to worry about! There have been many group prayers this week with a variety of people that my family holds dear to our hearts. My dad loves those moments, and really gathers strength through this. He is so happy to be alive, he is so thankful to God. There are so many things my dad is eager to do, he just cannot heal fast enough. I know that he can't wait until he can take walks with my mom again. They have always loved each other so much, and they certainly have both expressed how much they miss that special time together. 
 
My sister, her fiancé as well as my grandparents had to leave yesterday. We miss them so much already! Through times of tragedy we have grown even closer and stronger as a family and I believe many of our relationships with God have grown as well!  Thank you again to family, friends, church family, and anyone who has taken a moment of their time to pray and be there for us in any way.  We  really are blessed to have such an amazing family and friends!  My parents have so many that love them, and care so much about our family, although I am really not too surprised by this because they are pretty amazing themselves!
 
Dad specifically requests that you all come and visit him ASAP!!!! He misses everyone, and of course, loves the company! Dad specifically said "I love to stay up and chat with everyone all day, I have lots of time to sleep later in life." He is in room 340, 3rd floor, in the south pavilion. See you all soon!
 
God Bless,
 
Ashley

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Anonymous said...

My amazing friend Jan

Wow!! what a life changing experience these last couple of weeks have been. I have seen my friend go from almost losing his life to amazing us with his speedy recovery. All though Jan still has many days ahead of him to get back to were he needs to be I feel with his determination it will be faster than anyone would have imagined. Last week I went to visit Jan and there were over 10 people all there because he has touched each and everyones heart. Jan had asked to all hold hands and pray as one. This was such an awesome experience to be a part of, to see how many people show there love to him. I believe that with as many people that have come to visit Jan and show there passion and love for this man it has given him such inner strength to make a speedy recovery. But through all of this pain Jan has gone through he still asks you how you are doing and how is work going and thankyou for everything. Jan is a special kind of person that everyone needs as there best friend and I am blessed to say he is mine.

Edgar Yost